GTA 6 Is Still November 19, 2026: Take-Two's CEO Reaffirms the Date
Asked point-blank, Strauss Zelnick said "It's November 19, 2026" — and that GTA 6 is "about 18 months behind the original date." Here's exactly what he said and what it changes.

With pre-order rumors detonating across the community and the May 21 earnings call days away, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick was asked the only question that ever really matters about GTA 6: when. His answer was four words long. "It's November 19, 2026."
That's not new information — the date has been official since November 2025 — but a CEO putting it on record again, by choice, in the middle of a pre-order frenzy, is a signal worth reading precisely. Below: what he actually said, why he keeps having to say it, and what it does and doesn't change.
What Zelnick actually said
The comments came in an interview with business podcaster David Senra, surfaced on May 17, 2026 and reported by Insider Gaming. Asked directly about the release date, Zelnick didn't hedge: "It's November 19, 2026."
He was equally blunt about the road to get there. On the delays, Zelnick said the project is "about 18 months behind the original date. Not much more than that" — a rare, plain acknowledgement from the top of the company that Rockstar's internal schedule slipped substantially before it settled on this November.
This is not a one-off. Zelnick reaffirmed the same November window in a Bloomberg interview earlier in May — the same appearance where he called the expectations for the launch "terrifying." Two on-record reaffirmations inside a month, with no softening language, is the pattern that matters more than any single quote.
Why he keeps having to say it
A CEO doesn't repeat a shipping date this often unless people keep doubting it — and they do, for good reason. GTA 6's public timeline has moved twice. It was announced for a 2025 window with the December 2023 trailer, narrowed to a specific 2026 date alongside Trailer 2, then delayed on November 6, 2025 to November 19, 2026 "to give the Rockstar Games team additional time." Take-Two stock fell roughly 7% after-hours on that delay news. The community has, understandably, developed a reflex of assuming the date is provisional.
The timing of this reaffirmation is the other half of the story. It lands in the same week the community is convinced pre-orders are imminent — driven by pointing at a May 18 window — and three days before Take-Two's . Zelnick restating the date now reads less like news and more like expectation management heading into .



